If anyone can help, please reply directly to Pat at [EMAIL PROTECTED].
 Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 29, 1999 10:07 AM
Subject: No transparent whites for Teale's 24K quads

Hi, Tracy,

We commonly use Teale Data Center's USGS 24K raster topo quads (for
California) for background maps for our data. They have a bit of a white
border that will show up as a blank white streak if two adjacent quads
are viewed.   In MapInfo 4.5, when we worked with two adjacent quads,
we could make the white color transparent and remove the white seam.
This doesn't seem to work in MI5.0, which I upgraded to about a month
ago.  Teale's procedures for scanning the USGS topos are supposed to
be in conformance with the USGS's procedures for other states.  (Tracy,
I took another look at those 100K quads.  The problem with them is less,
but it may be because the borders are narrower.  Can't tell for sure.)
Has anyone had similar problems and is there a fix?

Pat