Please note: this has nothing to do with any Wobbling in California.

I've just got the following message from my webmaster concerning one of the
mapinfo recent mail postings.
'A mail message with subject "MI photogrammetric querry" has been found
containing
a virus - This virus is like W32/Ska !!!'

W32/Ska may be best known to everyone as Happy99.exe and heres the
methodology to kill it from your system

Removal Instructions
A command line tool designed for Win95/Win98 systems is available to remove
the worm from your system(s):
http://www.avertlabs.com/public/stand_alone/RMSKA.ZIP
It performs the necessary steps of renaming and removing files that are
listed in the manual steps below:
SHUTDOWN | Restart to MS-DOS mode
Change directories to the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory
Copy WSOCK32.SKA to WSOCK32.DLL
Delete the files SKA.EXE and SKA.DLL
Move the file LISTE.SKA to the desktop for editing
Restart Windows
The MS-DOS instructions to do this are as follows (it is inferred to press
the [ENTER] key after each line of instruction)
CD C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
COPY WSOCK32.SKA WSOCK32.DLL /y
DEL SKA.???
MOVE LISTE.SKA C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\SKALIST.TXT
EXIT
As a final cleanup, the worm also creates the registry entry that can either
be ignored or corrected. The registry entry is in this location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
Ska.exe="Ska.exe"
The tool RMSKA.EXE will remove this registry entry for you.