-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bacon, Gilles(IBK-NY)
Sent: November 17, 1999 8:26 PM
Subject: MI Adding projections

I'm trying to add projections which were not included with MapInfo:

Lambert's Equal Area (for Continental U.S., not polar Azimuthal)
Azimuthal Equidistant (for Europe, not polar)

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Gilles Bacon
Merrill Lynch Graphics

================

I have had the same challenge with Lambert's Equal Area for the Baltic
region when trying to exploit the data of the GRIDA center. Mats Elfström
who had alkready converted some sets for MapInfo had to use a projection
that approximated the original one but that does not give a particularly
good fit with the reality in the outlying areas.

It is something that is coded in MapInfo, and as long as they do not inlude
a new "equation" in the program, we will be unable to use it. May be some
external programs could make the conversion on the fly? I gave up before
finding anything interesting.

Would like to know if there is a solution.

Jacques Paris

e-mail                alternate
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

paris PC Consult (mainly MapInfo app.)