Hi John

One of the things you might try is using the "File | Save Window" command to
save the layout window to an image file (jpg or bmp seem to work well). This
file (especially the jpg) can be transferred to the mac and printed from any
image manipulation software (Photoshop for instance). You will have to play
with the image size output (you have a choice - in either inches or
centimeters depending on locale) in order to get the right resolution. I
think the default option is either 72 or 98 dpi. Usually anything 250dpi or
higher prints just fine, but the files will be huge.  I generally double or
triple the suggested measurements to get a decent printable resolution.

You might also have to edit the image a bit to make it look right - it will
come out with a large white margin with a black line around it - pretty
ugly. You can get rid of the border by changing/adding a key in the
registry. The Mapinfo solution is below (I _still_ wonder why this isn't an
option in a dialog somewhere).

Feel free to drop me a note if you need more info / help.

Regards,

James

James L Marlow
Director, Geographic Information Systems
Channel Marketing Corporation
15032 Beltway Drive
Dallas, Texas 75001

Telephone 1 (972) 858-9600 extension 331
Facsimile  1 (972) 858-9601
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www:  http://www.cmcus.com

===============
How to export to a bitmap without a border through File>Save Window As?

Answer:

Except for ProServer, MapInfo products export the black border by default.

To change the border display in MapInfo Professional, modify the registry
entry.
The key is:

     \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MapInfo\MapInfo\Common\ExportBorder

This is a DWORD; 0 indicates no border; non-zero indicates that a border
should
export.

In the 16-bit version MapInfo, the key is in MAPINFO.INI; [MapInfo Common]
section;
ExportBorder=0; non-zero indicates that a border should export.