From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 9:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI VM Slope Analysis

A question to all you Vertical Mapper experts.
When performing a slope analysis it would appear that VM calculates slope
(degrees or percent, it doesn't matter) by dividing vertical displacement by
slope distance.
Whereas, in Australia we calculate slope by dividing vertical displacement
by horizontal distance.
Is this normal or is VM incorrectly calculating slope?

Regards
Peter Graham
WS Group - Mackay
Ph:     +61 (07) 4951 2911