-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Aaron Queheillalt
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 11:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI DEM Distortion of California

I have the 30 meter USGS DEM's of California which have been converted to
grid with the DEM2Grid in VM 2.0.  There are approx. 70 individual
files(.TAB)  that cover California. I would like to have a dipiction of the
state with it being Hill shaded with a color pallette applied based on
elevation.  The problem occurrs when I open all the files that cover the
state.  With all the files open, California get squished, it becomes shorter
and wider.  The state looses approx. 1/8th of its original height and gains
a bit in its width.  Does anyone know why this may be happening?  Is there
any type of fix that can be used.  I am fairly new to the world of raster
images and Vertical Mapper, but am very anxious to get this done.

Aaron Queheillalt
916-654-0768
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]