Gary,

I'd like to use this opportunity to wish all on the list BEST WISHES FOR THE FESTIVE SEASON and a HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.  Thanks to you all for such a great resource - special thanks to Bill and to those heavy and/or compulsive contributors.

Now to your problem Gary,
Our printer (i.e. the company that produces our colour sep films, proofs  etc.) handles eps files from the HP driver we use without any problems.

The driver is for the HP2500CP PS3 - choose "encapsulated PostScript" in printer setup, and when you print to file, change the file extension from .prn to .eps.  Works for us.

Also, for maps like yours, we developed a process of CMYK colour separating in MapInfo, including dialing in the precise CMYK colour we want - no need for any other intermediate program before sending files to printer for proofing. This has advantages in some cases.

Regards
Rod Dawney

     AUSMEC - Australasian Mineral Exploration Consultants
  PO Box 183, Albert St PO, Brisbane, Queensland, 4002 AUSTRALIA
           Phone: 61 7 32100249     Fax: 61 7 32294554
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Web: http://www.ausmec.gil.com.au

Gary Labelle wrote:

Hi and Seasons Greetings, I really have a problem here. I have created a map of Argentina in MapInfo (Metallogenic Map) and I now need to produce film for offset printing. The HP driver I am using produces nice output as a postscript .ps file which converts nicely to Acrobat .pdf but I cannot figure out how to go to .eps which is what the printer wants to produce film. The map is 48" x 32". Any help and I would be indebted to you in the future. Gary Labelle