Dear Listers/Mapinfo,

I was wondering if anyone has any idea when a Japanese version
of Proviewer might be coming out or if what seems like a possible
language incompatibility to me can be worked around.

When trying to open a workspace created in MI Pro 4.5 (Japanese
Version), the contents of layout windows were not displayed, only
the somewhat cryptic message 'No Window'.That is, layout windows
existing in the original workspace were there,only their contents
were substituted with the message. Otherwise Proviewer seemed to
open the workspace OK.

Tab files comprising the workspace have names in Japanese
characters, as does the name of the workspace itself, but opened
OK, just the layout didn't.

If anyone has any insight regarding this it would be much
appreciated.

TIA

Kurt Ackermann
Regional Science Institute
Sapporo, Japan

 >>> Rumor has it that there are MI Pro Viewer versions in
 >>> Danish, German, Finnish and Russian now.
 >>> But no links at www.mapinfo.com yet.
 >
 >>The rumor is true !!
 >>You can get these special versions of ProViewer in a very simple way..
 >>just add the language after the original link:
 >>
 >>http://testdrive.mapinfo.com/proviewerDanish
 >>http://testdrive.mapinfo.com/proviewerFinnish
 >>...etc...
 >
 >Thanks for pointing this out. We have updated
 >>http://testdrive.mapinfo.com/proviewer
 >
 >to contain links to:
 >
 >English Version
 >Danish Version