Alex,

If you have a road dataset that includes the zipcode as an attribute and you
have the zip code in the addresses perhaps you could do a series of
geocoding zipcode by zipcode eg

1) - get list of all zip codes (eg select zipcode from streettab group by
zipcode)

2) - select all roads with the first zipcodes (eg select * from streettab
where zipcode = "ABC" into touse_road)

3) - select all address with the same zipcode (eg select * from address
where zipcode = "ABC" into todo_add)

4) set your geocoding preference to use just the selected datasets eg
        Find Using touse_road(add_col)

5) geocode the todo_add table

6) get the next zipcode and repeat from 2)..

this code be relatively straight forward in mapbasic but if you are doing it
manually may be a bit combersome.

Also record the return value from the Find statement so that you can check
the accuracy of the match at a later time.

Cheers

Martin
Martin Roundill
GIS Manager