Hi All,

Waitakere City Council, (Auckland, New Zealand) has two GIS operator
vacancies.

These positions have arisen because one operator is about to retire and a
second is about to undertake extended overseas travel.

We currently operate Intergraph MGE as our core GIS but are in the process
of shifting to ArcInfo8.0 with SQLServer based SDE.

Our users access the GIS data via a combination of ProViewer, MapInfo and
ArcView with Intranet mapping about to be implemented in the near future.

I am in the process of creating the job descriptions which I anticipate will
be available in the next week or so.

Anyone interested in receiving a copy of these should email me directly.

The following are my initial thoughts on the positions, these may change,
but I have included them to give a guide as to the appropriateness of the
positions.

        1)      a GIS operator (ArcInfo and MicroStation Experience
preferred {MapInfo also a bonus}
        2)      a Senior GIS Operator (ArcInfo experience required. DBA,
SQL, and Visual Basic skills are beneficial.

NZ based experience will be given preference and, due to the client
interaction, fluency in English is required.

Salary range has yet to be confirmed so please do not hold me to the
following as it will be dependent on the exact job description and a bit of
arm wrestling with HR.

        GIS Operator            $NZ35,000 - $NZ45,000
        Senior GIS Operator     $NZ40,000 - $NZ60,000

Martin
Martin Roundill
GIS Manager
Waitakere City Council