Many have recently responded to problems with opening workspaces due to
deleted or path changed files.  Several have advised to simply delete the
reference to file in the Open Table " " section and the Map from Table
section.  This is not good advice.  The problem comes in when you delete the
file from the Map From section.  After the Map From section the front window
properties are set, then the Set Map section defines parameters for the
Layers.  THE ORDER OF LAYERS IS THE SAME AS THE ORDER OF THE MAP FROM
SECTION.  IF YOU DELETE THE REFERNCE TO THE MISSING TABLE IN MAP FROM
SECTION YOU SCREW UP THE OREDER OF LAYERS AND EVERY LAYER AFTER THE DELTED
TABLE WILL USE THE PROPERTIES OF THE NEXT LAYER.

What do I suggest you ask?  Replace the problem table with a known table
that will open in both the Open Table section and the Map From section.
Open your workspace.  Close the replacement table.  Save the workspace.  It
will now open without the deleted table and you can start to rebuild the
deleted table.  I'm not sure if you can recover the data from the recycle
bin, but I would try.  Remember that you are looking for a set of files, 4
or 5 (a file for the tables Indexed fields), being MyTable.TAB, MyTable.DAT,
MyTable.ID, MyTable.IND and MyTable.MAP

By the way, the order of tables in the Open Table section sets the order of
the list of tables you see when you go to layer control and select  Layers >
Add

William Woodruff
Zoning Administrator
Charter Township of Union, T14 N R4W, Isabella County, Michigan