Hello,

    This is my second request. I wasn't sure if it made it to the list or
    not. Usually I hear from someone.

    I am trying to query the object length of line layer that fall within
    a region layer. The query appears to work, but when I try and verify
    the total length, I do not arrive at the same answer as MapInfo. I use
    the distance function to measure the portion of the line object
    falling outside the region object. I then subtract that number from
    the length of the line object and total.

    The lines may extend outside the boundary of one into another region.
    If I clip the lines at the each regions boundary, both MapInfo and I
    arrive at the same length.

    Could someone explain what MI is computing.

    Here is the SQL Query I used:

    Select: sum(objlength(obj,"km")"Total Length", claim

    Tables: claim, conductors

    Where: claim.obj contains conductors.obj

    Group by: claim

    TIA

    Peter