From: Steve McArthur [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 6:04 AM
To: 'MapInfo mail list'
Subject: MI causing Windows NT to crash

Every so often I have a problem with a table causing NT to completely
crash.  I'm suddenly booted out into a blue dos-like screen listing DLL
files and windows kernel files and a message saying something about
memory dump which updates to say memory dump complete.  There doesn't
seem to be any logic to what table causes this, other than when I have
identified what table is causing the problem packing that table seems to
solve it.

This crash never happens when doing any sort of intensive work, usually
just zooming in will cause it.  No other application will cause this
event and the crash will occur every time until the offending table is
packed.

I'm running the latest version of NT with service pack 5.

I'm running MI 5.5 and have had this problem under version 5, but have
not seen it under windows 95 or 98.

I'd be interested if anyone else has come across this phenomenon and if
they found a cause/solution.

Thanks