Dear all, I  apologise for this question which I think was answered
recently.
I have a DXF file that has points(no height attribute) and separately on
another layer text (no attributes) that goes with each of the points giving
a height value.
I wish to create a DEM but firstly I need to obtain the respective height
for each of the point locations.

I figure I need to buffer and then merge the two data sets. But I don't
know how to get the graphic only text as an attribute in my new table.

thank you
Gabor

Gabor Vasarhelyi
GIS Manager
Environmental Resource Managers Australia Pty Ltd
Phone: 02 8425 1675
Facsimile: 02 9906 5375