Hi

The ADD COLUMN statement allows a new "temporary" column to be created
for an open table.

In an application I'm writing, I want to give a column the name of the
map window identifier, so that each map window can have a unique
thematic map. The thematic mapping bit works, but only the first time
through. I cant seem to find a way to make an ADD COLUMN created column
either "updateable" or "deletable", other than closing and reopening the
table (I dont want to do this).

Can anyone help?

Ian Allan