Hi Niels, I still cannot understand what you are trying to do. But I suppose what you need is "Orthorectification" on each aerial photo. I tried to overlap several aerial photos of some coastal area to see beach erosion. But it was not successful. So I asked any solution on this mailing list and received several kind replies. One of them introduced me "Rastools" and I am now happy with it. Please check the web site below. http://members.aol.com/maptools Regards, Hiko Niels Andrews wrote: > I will try to make this brief as possible.I have a vector map open, > projection WGS84. I open a geo referenced quad as a raster layer > everything fine. I add a raster (IR. aerial image) Tiff. I register > the tiff with control points, WGS84, and hit OK and the map rotates 41 > degrees to the West.I have tried taking the control points from the > vector map first and then from the image, and reversed the procedure. > I close the raster layer containing the IR. image and it returns back > to its proper orientation. I have tried just opening the vector and > IR. image same results. I have tried every combination possible. I > think. Frustrated. What am I doing wrong? Kazuhiko Yamashita Division of Environment & Marine, Kokusai Kogyo co. ltd 3-6-3 Hakataeki-higashi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0013 Japan Phone: +81-92-431-7277 FAX: +81-92-431-7275 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this list, send e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and put "unsubscribe MAPINFO-L" in the message body, or contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]