Greetings all,

I don't know whether anyone else has asked this question in the past, but
did anyone ever encounter serious problems when setting up a live connection
to an Oracle 8.05 database (not 8i) ?  I can't set up a direct link, I can't
update my table, but I can upload things to the database.  Really weird
stuff.  MapInfo either shows me an SQL error string, or a message that I
don't have a unique key on a single column (which I do have, created it in
three different ways in oracle, and once using the MapInfo build index SQL
command, but nothing seems to be working.
Any ideas anyone ?

Jo Vernelen
Consultant

OM Partners n.v.
Michielssendreef 39-48
B-2930 Brasschaat, Belgium
Tel: (+32 3) 652 03 03
Fax: (+32 3) 652 07 72
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ompartners.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is intended for the
addressee only.  It may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any
of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence.  The
contents does not represent the opinion of OM Partners n.v. or any of its
affiliates except to the extent that it relates to their official
business. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.