Archana,
This was sent to me a few months ago by Sheila Quan for essentially the same
thing you are asking to do. You may have to play with the sql a little (like
the columns you want to show in your query, etc), but this works great. Good
luck

Fran Peck
Peoria Unified School District
6330 W Thunderbird Rd
Glendale, AZ 85306
Voice: 623-486-6099
Fax: 623-486-6111
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This is not really difficult, just long:

Dear Fran

If you want crow-fly distance, first create your distance column under table
maintenance table structure.  Then update column with "Distance",
"CartesianDistance" (for curved surfaces) or "SphericalDistance" (for
straight surfaces) so your function should look something like this:

Distance(student address coordinate eg Lat, Long, school coordinate eg Lat,
Long, "distance measure")
ie Distance(lat,long,lat,long, "km")

That will work cos I have done in countless times!

Good Luck

Sheila Quan
Steer Davies Gleave