We have 8I spatial up and running. The software is great, but two projects
have just bogged down on ORACLE licensing.

These customers have large numbers of concurrent multi-server ORACLE
licences. We need to add the spatial option for a small number of named
users (operating in their own ORACLE instance) without impacting on other
corporate arrangement. That appears to be very difficult. Triggering a
whole of corporation licence re negotiation is a pretty big hurdle for a
small project trying to get some runs on the board.

I am not sure whether our current hick-ups are because spatial is a bit new
for the Australian ORACLE office, or if we have fallen in a hole in the new
licensing policy..

I would love to hear from MapInfo operators in other geographys (especially
North America) who have worked through adding the spatial option to
existing ORACLE licenses.

Thanks.... Ken Moule

                    Exa-Min Resource Industry Consultants
                  2nd Floor, 143 Charlotte Street, BRISBANE
                    PO Box 12020, Elizabeth Street Q 4002
                                  AUSTRALIA

Ph:    +61 7 32100741                Fax: +61 7 32100738
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]        WWW: http://www.geobasemap.com