The first thought that came to my mind was that your  workspace file may be getting
saved as a word processing doc file and not a text file.

The fact you are using wordpad makes me think this.

Whereas note pad only saves in text format, wordpad has to be told to save it as a
text file.

Just my thoughts

Jack

>>> Alex Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/23/00 10:49AM >>>
Dear Lister's

Has anybody had problems saving workspaces on a
Windows 95 OS.  Our 4 person GIS team currently uses
NT on 3 of the 4 machines in our office.  However, on
our 95 OS we cannot save workspaces.  When the
workspace is oppened in wordpad for correction all the
text is replaced with little sqaures.  We have scanned
for viruses and gotten together with our IT department
because it happens to all the workspaces that the
machine with 95 saves to our network drives.  The
machine also corrupts workspaces saved locally to it's
hard drive, but it doesn't happen as often and the
workspace is usually able to be saved in wordpad.
The problem started about 6 weeks ago.  Any comments
on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated.