don't put the "LandUse = 2", just put the "2".

:)

>Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:33:17 +0200
>From: Max Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Michael Goldberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>CC: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: MI Updating an integer and/or character column
>Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>  Seems like your column is declared as "logical" only allowing for 0 or 1
>and True (T) and False (F) values; hence the F you get... Max
>Michael Goldberg wrote:   Dear List,             Any help would be greatly
>appreciated. Thanks, Michael Goldberg
>GIS Analyst
>City of San Antonio, Planning Department
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(210) 207-6533

I'm having trouble updating an integer column in one of my MapInfo tables.
I want to add a number 2 to a column titled LandUse.  I go to Table Update
Column, select the appropriate table and column.  Then in the value section
I put LandUse = 2.  I don't get any results or error messages.  The LandUse
column appears just as before with a 0 in every field.  I then converted
the LandUse column to a character and tried to update the column that way.
This time in Table Update Column in the value section I put LandUse = "2".
This time MI updates the column with an "F".  No matter what character I
try to update the column with I get an F.  Does anybody have a clue to what
is going on here (for the integer and character column)?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.