Claude,

I just received much the same message with Mapinfo running alongside a
Norton Anti-Virus Scan (never a great move, but I wasn't aware of it at the
time).

No solution, but maybe another clue?

Regards,

Briain Forrester
Wood Mackenzie
Edinburgh, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Your Message:
"MI 5.0 is installed one of our machines ( PIII-450, 128 meg RAM, NT 4.0,
SP4) in profile All Users.  It runs smoothly for a while, then upon
launching one day displays the message "(c:\program
files\mapinfo\professional\mapinfow.mnu:11) Unrecognized command:
Wor&kspace
..."; MapInfo then opens with the following message "The file MAPINFOW.MNU
is missing or damaged; MapInfo is unable to start. Please call Tech
Support".

I searched the archives and found a thread about a similar problem to which
Cindy, from MapInfo Tech Support, answered that the problem might lie in
the
startup workspace.  I therefore deleted from it a RUN APPLICATION
statement,
to no avail.
"