I did not find a straight answer such as the double thematic on regions
combining patterns and colors. I found two work-arounds each one with its
own draw back.

1 - a/ make a "color" thematic with "name" using a circle as a symbol.
    b/ make a "size" thematic with "canopy" using a tramsparent circle as
symbol.
        note: make sure that the size corresponding to the smallest canopy is not
smaller than the colored symbol.

2 - a/ convert points to circles of sizes proportionate to canopy radius. In
the MapBasic Window write and run
        set coordsys table your_table
        set distance units "unit_used_in_canopy"
        update your_table set obj=createcircle(centroidx(obj),centroidy(obj),size)
    b/ make a color thematic of these objects.
        note: you may find safer to work on a copy of your original table.

I would love to hear there is a "better" way for doing it.

Jacques Paris

e-mail                alternate
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

paris PC Consult (mainly MapInfo app.)