Hi all...

I'm having some issues with my Altek AC30 digitzing tablet... hopefully someone
can help clear these up.

The tablet is attached to the serial port of a notebook computer running
Windows95. I've installed the proper WinTab driver and configured the WINTAB.INI
file to the proper settings (parity, baud rate, etc.). Before installing the
driver, I checked communication with the tablet using the Altek TERMINAL.EXE
program.
When I press any button on the 16-button puck, meaningless (non X,,Y
coordinates) pop up on the screen in all three data modes
(binary,ascii,raw,hex).

In Mapinfo, I enter the Digitizer Setup dialogue box and attempt to to add a
control point. When I press a button on the puck, the correct X,Y coordinates
appear in the dialogue, but the program doesn't return me to the main dialogue
where I'm supposed to enter the map X,Y coords.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not interested in buying VTI.

Thanks,

Alberto Reyes
GIS/Remote Sensing Technician
Kluane National Park