I would like a confirmation of my interpretation that the string used in a
RUN COMMAND cannot contained an array variable.

I encountered that apparent limitation when trying to find a solution to a
query about  the CREATE STYLE statement. The string
"Create Styles From " +LOW + " To "+HIGH +" Vary Color By ""RGB"" Into
Variable "+ BS
where LOW and HIGH are two brush variables and BS a brush dim'ed at 4
(defaut value) leads to the following message
"Cannot use an array or user-defined type in an expression"

I knew that you cannot use an array variable in the MapBasic window so I
conducted the tests by writing a small MBX.

Is my interpretation correct or what did I miss?

TIA

Jacques Paris     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Paris PC Consult (mainly MapInfo app.)
     www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm