With my 5.5 and W98, the {Alt P}PM sets me correctly in the Map Window
Preferences dialog, but the active element by default seems to be the snap
tolerance. The Y would go there of course. The solution is to {Alt Y} or N,
in contradiction with the recommendation to use the Alt with only the first
P.

I played with all the other options in that dialog, always with the Alt
pressed and I found a pretty nice little bug : Preserve Current Scale and
Spherical are both controled by the letter P, one in caps, the other not.
Results : neither can be set by {Alt Shift P} or {Alt p} and once on one of
them, using one or the other combinations will simply toggle the highlight
but will not make the selection.

Incidentally, that bug has been "raided out" in the 6 beta I have; the p
from spherical has become an e. (I am sure I am not disclosing anything
forbidden there)

The "letters" indicated for "highlight control" are also useless. They
simply highlight the first style button but one must act directly on the
required button to open a style requester.

Jacques Paris     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Paris PC Consult (mainly MapInfo app.)
     www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm