Hi,

The Global Gazetteer contains just this type of information for 4m places
around the world. Not all data for all places, but it depends upon how
much you want. We have unique selection facilities to select just the
subset you need.
Not quite sure what you mean by 'postcode range'. We can either supply all
postcodes associated with a place, or the first & last, i.e. a range.

Happy to provide a spreadsheet with counts for each country.

Best wishes
Alan Pritchard
The GLOBAL GAZETTEER: the world on file
http://www.allm-geodata.com