Dear List:
Sorry for the wide distribution, but I wanted to get the word out about
a couple of job openings we have here in (currently) sunny Seattle.
Here are the basic job descriptions and salary ranges; please note that
we are not as concerned with the bank-specific skills - we're primarily
looking for people with good analytical abilities, with GIS experience a
big plus (we use MapInfo pretty rigorously).

PLANNING TECHNICIAN
An entry-level position, Planning Technicians perform system assignments
such as lengthy queries, setting up relational databases, and creation
of GIS (Geographic Information Systems - MapInfo) applications, and also
assist Program Analysts with leading and following up on a variety of
projects.

Typical Job Functions:
1. Communicate concisely via written reports, group presentations,
meetings, face-to-face interaction.
2. Interact and and work with managers, senior managers, employees &
regulatory agencies.
3. Work with and keep required information confidential
4. Perform data management using a variety of tools and software (Excel,
Word, Access, MapInfo, Roscoe/EasyTrieve (mainframe)).
Salary Range: Planning Technician $30,525 - $38,200
Senior Planning Technician $33,920 - $42,500

PLANNING ANALYST
This is an analytical position requiring some experience in quantitative
analyses relative to economic and market conditions.  This position does
require some emphasis and specialized job knowledge in a particular
business operation that enhances the position;  however, it is assumed
that there is a learning curve involved.
Typical Job Functions (in addition to Technician req):
Proficiency in two or more of these areas:
· Economic and market area analysis
· IBM mainframe programming (via EasyTrieve) and database administration

· GIS mapping software, microcomputer database development (Access)
· Financial analysis with computer modeling, statistical applications

Strong knowledge of United States geography & markets is also highly
desirable.
Salary Range: PA I $38,155 - $47,750;       PA II $42,395 - $53,050

These job descriptions are somewhat abbreviated. The WM job hotline
number is 800-952-0787. The jobs are officially listed as "Delivery
System Planning Technician" & "Delivery System Planning Analyst"
("Delivery System" is just the banker's term for the branch network).

To apply, applicants need to get an official Washington Mutual job
application (at any of our branches or via the jobline).  The "Position
Number" (to fill in on the application) is 150179 for the Planning
Technician and 147991 for the Analyst.  Mail it (with resume and cover
letter) to :

Washington Mutual Human Resources
1191  2nd Ave, PO Box 834
Seattle, WA 98111

I'd also be interested in seeing resumes from anyone interested in these
positions as soon as possible.  These can be emailed to me directly at
[EMAIL PROTECTED], along with any questions about the jobs.  Both
positions are located in downtown Seattle.

Thanks!
Curt Newsome

PS - we also have a DataBase(Access/Oracle) Administrator position open
if anyone is interested.