From: John Chioles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 1:10 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: MI another alter obj question

Thanks to all who offered help w/ my alter obj question.  Here's another
one, a bit more perplexing:

If I use the MakeFontSymbol() to assign to a symbol variable, using
variables in the arguement the color is changed, but the symbol and
fontstyle are not being changed.  I am writing the same variables into a
message window, and can see they are changing values correctly when I
compare them back to several attributes in the table (33,50,51,52) as well
as the fontstyle (0,16).  I am receiving no error on execution.  The same
result on a rum command w/ the same string arguement.

 I am using "MapInfoSymbols."  I can manually (edit) change a symbol style
within MI Professional, and I can run KGM tool MB_TOOLS.MBX as another check
to see the changes are the same.

Anyone experience the same, and can offer a workaround?

/jc