Dear list:

I have a mapinfo_program1.mbx comunicating via DDE with an external
visualbasic program.

When I open a mapinfo dialog, a standard mapinfo dialog or a custom dialog
created by another mapinfo_program2.mbx, all DDE processes stop for as long
as the dialog is on screen.   All DDE messages/commands are "buffered" and
released after the dialog is closed.

Is there a way to prevent this, and have the program1 running in the
background and processing its DDE messages when there's a mapinfo dialog in
progress?

Thanks a lot for your answer.