Title: Oracle 8i: problems when deleting records in cached table

I am currently testing object editing in MapInfo using a connection to an Oracle 8i spatial database within the following environment:

  • MapInfo Professional V6.0
  • Oracle Spatial V 8.1.6
  • Easy Loader 6.0

I have uploaded a few tables (successfully) to Oracle and I use the cache option when opening in MapInfo so that only a .tab file is created on Hard disk.

The tables are stored ok in Oracle after uploading with Easy Loader (I have selected the option create spatial index and unique index).

When I edit values in the fields of a table the changes are made without problems to the Oracle table. When I change the object (moving nodes, reshaping, etc) or add new objects using drawing tools, again it is working OK.

The problems starts when I delete a record from the table and do other operations like add, update, etc. The most common message I am getting is:

Mapinfow.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x03b3f04a" referenced a memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the application.

I have tryed several times dropping the tables and uploading again.
I did also get similar problems with the Linked tables option, though it appears to be more stable.

First, is it a know problem ?
What can be done to fix this ?
What would be the recommended approach to do safe object editing of an Oracle Spatial Database through MapInfo ?
Does this problem have anything to do with the spatial index or the table unique index in Oracle ?

Thanks.

Dany Bouchard

Please also reply to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]