set map layer ReplayTable Label Position Below (orAbove/Left/Right)

is correct; it can apply to the all map. But

set map layer ReplayTable Label Object LabelID Angle 45

requires an Identificator after the ID. The angle keywork is part of the
subclause ID as the position in part of the clause Label. It means that each
object requires its own angle.

To make things more frustrating, the Position key word can also be used in
ID subclauses.

Why shouldn't it be the case with Angle? I guess because of the idea  that
labels are mainly used for street naming and that the option of parallel
labels results into possible different angles for each label. I am not
defended MI, just trying to understand, and most certainly your query should
be put on the wish list (I have not checked v6.0 yet for that)

Jacques

Jacques PARIS

e-mail    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For MapInfo support, see the Paris PC Consult enr. site  at
http://www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm