I was wandering if my understanding of the scope of the definition of "paper
units" is correct.

It seems to be limited to the "immediate environment of use", i.e. a mbx or
the Mbwindow. There does not seem to be any "communication" between
environments. If you change the units in the Mbwindow, any read in a program
will be in inches, or in the unit specified in that program if specified
previously to the read.

If I am right, the "current unit paper" is always "in" if it has not been
changed previously in the specific environment, and for a MBX, the
programmer should know what is happening.

As far as the Mbwindow is concerned, as a function cannot be used, an
empirical way to do it is to issue a "print windowinfo(1002,4)" (the width
of the window) then "set paper units "in" " followed by a rerun of the
print, and repeat with each unit type until one gets back the same value as
the first one.

I would appreciate confirmation of my understandingof that question.

Thanks

Jacques

Jacques PARIS

e-mail    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For MapInfo support, see the Paris PC Consult enr. site  at
http://www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm