Whether MI opens a new window, or start a new session, depends on the
Windows setting on an individual machine. In explorer, check the "File
Types" setting for MapInfo Tables & Workspaces. If "Use DDE" is checked, MI
will open new windows within the current session (or start a new session if
MI is not already running), if "Use DDE" is not checked, a new session will
always be started.

To get to the "Use DDE" setting in 95 or NT, open windows explorer (not
Internet explorer) and click "View", "Options", then select the "File Type"
tab. Scroll down through the "Registered File Types" until you find MapInfo
Workspace. Then click "Edit", select "Open" from the action list and click
"Edit".

In Win2k it is under "Tools", "Folder Options", "File Types" and then use
the "Advanced" button to access the actions list.

Rich

At 02:55 PM 8/22/2000 +1200, you wrote:
>I have added a Hotlink to one of my layers that automatically opens up a
>MapInfo workspace.
>
>For every 78 objects in the table it will open a different workspace.
>
>On my PC, which runs Windows 2000 when I click the Hotlink tool the
>workspace opens as a new window WITHIN the current MapInfo session.
>
>On other PC's though, running on W95/98 clicking on the hotlink tool opens a
>NEW MapInfo session.
>
>Is there any way to stop this??? I would like the "hotlined"-workspace to
>open WITHIN the current MapInfo session.
>
>Can't find any preferences to set this up within MapInfo, so am assuming it
>is because I am running W2000????
>
>Thanks
>
>_____________________________
>Jolanda Simon