I just finished a new version of Window Manager I renamed Window Master.
Those interested in seeing what it can do should e-mail me their address. As
I am sure that there are some bugs or holes, I will keep its distribution on
that basis for a while before graduating it to our site.

Main features :

Window Master can record the settings of the system windows (MB, message,
ruler, info, legend, stat and MI main) i.e. position, size and state (open,
close, mini, maxi). The user places and sizes each of these windows and
decides of their state, then use the "Register..." menu item. He can then at
any moment "Restore..." those windows in their recorded state (menu item or
icon added to the TOOLS buttonpad).

Other functions are available from the menu and the WM buttonpad. They all
act directly on the FRONTWINDOW (not all functions are applicable to every
kind of window) and include setting title, size, position and default view,
adding/removing auto-scroll, scroll bar and smartpan, choosing coordinate,
area and distance units and calculation type, toggling betweeen Decimal and
DMS, between moving duplicate nodes on and off, setting the snap threshold.

Options include specifying a docked position for the tool pad and displaying
or not confirmation dialogs for some operations (e.g. scrollbars,
movenodes...).

It can be run with any language, as long as the translation is added to the
winmastr.ini file while respecting its specifications. winmastr is MLC_INI
compliant. For help or info on the subject, contact the author.

This application can be run on MI=>4.0 but not all the functions are
available with every MI version; some items/icons may be greyed out
depending on the installation version.

Jacques PARIS

e-mail    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For MapInfo support, see the Paris PC Consult enr. site  at
http://www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm