If your entire text file is set up the same way as your example, a quick
and dirty solution could be to open the text file in Excel, a dialog box
will open and you can set the column divisions and cell settings for the
columns in there (I tried it with your example and it was very
straightforward with no need to adjust the column width, only giving the
cells character settings).

That makes a standard excel file which you can copy and paste into a
Mapinfo browser after you create and give settings to a new TAB file.
Ie, you set up a new empty TABle in Mapinfo with the three* (four if you
want some kind of 'id' field) fields you require, then open the browser
which will, of course, be empty; make sure it's active and paste your
copied excel records directly into it.

I don't know Mapinfo's limit for records in one TABle offhand, but it
would just entail creating enough TABles to handle your data if you're
over the limit I assume.

HTH

Kurt Ackermann
Regional Science Institute
Sapporo, Japan

*I'm not sure whether the example you gave was 3 or 4 fields (columns),
but if it is 4 you could avoid the 3rd and 4th overlapping by doing a
global replace, for example of 5 spaces with 10. Again, it's a very
quick and dirty solution and anybody with even a smidgeon of Perl
experience will laugh at it, but it works if you're only semi-computer
literate, like me!