Preetha,
MapInfo can read directly from MIF files.  I'm just guessing that your purpose
might be to export MIF/MapInfo files to another format.  You may want to
elaborate.
In any case the mif file will have a similar header (if not exactly the same) -
certainly the same order.
However, in some cases there will be extra lines (e.g. Unique ), and the
Coordsys line may be different depending on the projection of the map.

Hope this helps!
Brendan Henry
Senior GIS Officer
Qld Dept of Main Roads

Preetha Suri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 30/08/2000 14:47:23