As a result of all the recent telecom mergers here in Denver
recently, the service provider we have been using to host MapInfo-L
is getting its plug pulled Oct 6 and we have to move the list. The
domains csn.net and sni.net will be cold and dark after the 6th.

The new home is going to be at Directions Magazine very shortly. We
will be running a more up-to-date majordomo server so we will
finally have digest capability, faster turnaround and some other
goodies. The rules and guidelines aren't going to change and Scott
Elliot (owner and publisher of Directions Magazine) has assured me
that your email addressed will not be used for any other purpose
than the MapInfo-L subscriber list. I'll still be doing the
caretaker services, and my address here isn't going to change.

You will still be able to receive individual emails, but now digest
mail will be available. You will also be able to read mail in the
Discussions area on Directions Magazine's web site. Things will work
basically like they do now, only faster and there will be more
features. Another change is that there will some MapInfo-oriented
advertising in the new email, but the form this will take is not yet
decided. We need to figure out a way to make it all worth everyone's
while. Ideas or suggestions anyone?

Your email addresses will be moved automatically in a few days, so
all you'll have to do is change where you send messages. You'll also
all be sent a new "Welcome" message that has all the details and
commands for working with majordomo in it.

If you don't want to have your address moved automatically, then you
should unsubscribe before addresses are moved. I will let you know a
few days when addresses will be moved.

I'll announce the new server and list addresses real soon now after
we finish testing. This note is just a "heads up" to open up the
discussion and give people time to make any changes they want to
make. Does anyone have any special requests or checklist items I
need to add to my to-do's to herd all you cats over to the new list?

Questions? Comments? Discussion? Objections?

- Bill Thoen