-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Katie Sarah Lysons
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 1:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI 'Dissolve' command functionality in MapInfo 5.5?

Does anyone know of anything that will 'dissolve' a bunch of polygons
(regions) based on a particular field in a MapInfo table?
I want to produce a MapInfo table from another that uses similar vales in
one field from the original table; whilst getting rid of absolute lines.
I'm trying to find something similar to the 'dissolve' command used in
ArcInfo. Any help would be much appreciated - I have a large dataset and I
am finding it pretty frustrating editing this MapInfo table.
Thanks
Katie Lysons
Oscar Faber
Senior Consultant