One of the MapInfo users at the council asked the question.
Why does MapInfo re-label road name labels to another road name?

Eg if we labeled a road HOMESTEAD RD save the workspace and reopened it
HOMESTEAD RD maybe now labeled as HOOK SCHOOL RD.
I have known about this problem since first using MapInfo but I never really
found out a good
explanation of why this happens.  I have always assumed it was just a
MapInfo quirk.

My question is.
Is there an easy explanation of this and can it be fix easily and
permanently?

Regards

Andrew Hare
GIS Officer
Waimate District Council
PO Box 122
Waimate
New Zealand
Ph: (64 3) 689 8079   Fax: (64 3) 689 8075