Hello world,

I have tried to use MapInfo's "set legend" command to selectively turn on and off
ranges in the legend of a thematic map (as described in the help on "set legend") but
I've been getting unexpected results.

For example, when I run the mbx (mb code listed below) with all ranges turned on,
instead of leaving the legend un-altered MapInfo changes the order of ranges in the
legend and repeats range labels for some ranges.

However, when I set some ranges off MapInfo turns off those ranges as expected but it
repeats some range labels in the legend. From the results MapInfo seems to be
attempting to maintain the original number of ranges in the legend.

Note that I have included a range_title Display clause for all ranges included in the
thematic map as help suggests.

Has anyone encountered this before? I am running MapInfo 6 and Map Basic 4 on a
Pentium III with 128 MB RAM and 4 GB HD free.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Kurt

the map basic code follows:

set legend
  layer 1
    display on
    shades on
    symbols off
    lines off
    count on
    title "LEGEND" Font ("Arial",0,9,0)
    ascending on
    ranges Font ("Arial",0,8,0)
        "BILINGA" display on ,
        "COOLANGATTA" display on ,
        "CURRUMBIN" display off ,
        "CURRUMBIN WATERS" display on ,
        "TUGUN" display on

Kurt Bonair
Geographic Information Officer
Geographic Information for Public Safety
Department of Emergency Services
Kedron Park

Tel: (07) 3247 8877
Fax: (07) 3247 8665
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
This correspondence is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential or legally privileged information or both.  No confidentiality

Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the
opinions of the Department of Emergency Services, Queensland.