Hello Everyone:

 

I have tried downloading several translators from the MapInfo L website but cannot get them to work properly for this specific task.  Below is my e-mail to the creator of two of those programs but my e-mail has not gone through to him; therefore, I have posted it here hoping that someone else might be able to help with this translator or with accomplishing this task in some other manner.  I am trying to download DLG's from the USGS website and bring into MapInfo and have not been successful.   

 

The translator is sdts2mi that I am trying to get to work for me. 

 

E-mail:

I downloaded the sdts2mi.zip translator from Mapinfo L Clearinghouse and am having a hard time getting the program to run.  I will explain what I am doing and hopefully you can tell me where I am messing up. 

 

I downloaded a DLG file from the USGS site (ftp://edcftp.cr.usgs.gov/pub/data/DLG/LARGE_SCALE/),  I then unzipped the files, and found the one that has the HP01CATD.DDF extension as your readme file explains.  However I am confused when you say these programs run in a dos window inside windows.  After obtaining the files, I go to Start, Run, then enter sdts2mi HP01CATD.ddf c:\dlgs (That is the filename I have downloaded and then created the c:\dlgs file).  I then get an error message stating that it cannot find file sdts2mi (or one of its components) and  I need to make sure path and filename are correct and that all libraries are available.

 

I am sure there is an easy answer and I apologize for having to ask you, but thank you for your assistance and for writing such software.

 

Mike

 

E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 

Reply via email to