If I create a drop shadow under a rectangle in a layout window, it gets
placed directly underneath the object that was selected, but above other
objects that are underneath the selected rectangle.  I would like to do the
same thing (insert an object between two other objects in the 'stack'), but
the only ordering control I have in the layout is to either send something
all the way to the back or bring something all the way to the front.

How does MI pro do it?  Is there a behind-the-scenes loop happening that
creates a list of layout record IDs and jams the drop shadow in there
somehow?  Am I missing some logic here?

Thanks-

Tim Nuteson
Target Corporation