I know how to do it in VB, but that won't help you. I'm pretty confident there's an API call you can use for it, but I can't tell you what it is and have no experience using APIs in Mapbasic. Have a look at http://www.mentalis.org/apilist/GetSystemMetrics.shtml. I think this only returns values in pixels, but there should be a simple conversion to inches.
Good luck. If you find anything useful, I'd be interested in hearing about it.
Matt
Scott Walsh wrote:
Thanks to Litea and Matt for your quick response. Your solution did work Matt, but I was wondering if there is way to read the Height and Width of the user's screen in MapBasic and then adjust your application window according to that setting? I'm using an ATI video card and looked around in there, but couldn't see anything where I could define startup etc...
If not I'll use Matt's solution. Thanks everyone! Scott
Matt Bolton wrote:
Scott,
I asked a similar question a few weeks ago (18 Nov 2003). Check out that thread for some useful info.
The solution to my problem (sounds similar to yours) was to add the following line to the mapinfo.mnu file:
Set Window 1011 Position ( -0.05, -0.05) Width 14.73 Height 11
You may need to fiddle with the numbers a bit for your 17" (change the 14.73 to 16.73 and the 11 to an appropriate value)
Matt
Scott Walsh wrote:
List,
I have a MI application that I'm running on a PC with 2 monitors. I want the MI application to position itself in the right monitor at a certain size (17" monitor) etc....(I know how to set a map within the application, but what about the actual application window itself?)
Thanks in advance!
Scott Walsh
--------------------------------------------------------------------- List hosting provided by Directions Magazine | www.directionsmag.com | To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Message number: 9495
.
.
-- Matt Bolton
Mach 3 IT
Mobile 0412 122 416 Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--------------------------------------------------------------------- List hosting provided by Directions Magazine | www.directionsmag.com | To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Message number: 9553
