Hello,

I am developing a MapBasic application in which I need to refresh a
geo-referenced image in
a layer dynamically. The image TIFF file needs to the have the same name so I
need to first
detach the image (or delete the layer?) and re-attach the same?

Can someone guide me the correct sequence of procedure to follow?

I have read about many prospective commands to do the same, like:

1. Remove Map Window FronWindow() Layer LayerName
2. Drop Map layerName
3. Close table LayerName
4. Drop Table LayerName
5. Kill TIFFFile

I am getting confused what is/are the correct statement(s) to use? What is the
correct
sequence to use? Which ones to use and which ones not to use?

The way I have it now - I am running statements (1), (3) and (5) but get an
error saying that
the TIFFFile cannot be deleted. If I delete it from the OS level (using Windows
Explorer, it
deletes without problems). What is happening here? Can someone enlighten me? I
need to
delete this file in order to be able to rename another newly generated file
into this name and
attach the refreshed layer.

Any quick help / tips are greatly appreciated. I am under pressure to get this
sorted out.

Thanks & Regards
- Rakesh Rao [ rakesh.rao(at)4d-technologies.com ]
- Four Dimension Technologies
  [www.4d-technologies.com]
- Get GeoTools, Work smarter: www.4d-technologies.com/geotools
- Free Lisp downloads @ TechCenter: www.4d-technologies.com/techcenter