On 10/21/06, Mats Elfström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All!

Adding to the wish list, which I feel is of utmost importance if MapInfo
Corp
really wants to enhance the next release (if Project Grande has made its
grand exit).
I think there are those who are fed up with upgrades which only add cosmetic
changes. They really must make it worthwhile to continue upgrading. Else I
fear some users will look at alternative platforms.

1 Incorporate Vertical Mapper in the core product MapInfo Pro (and the sdk
into MapBasic).
2 Add routing capabilities (route mapper or something) to the core product.
3 Add MapBasic to the core product.

By doing this, Mi Corp would give upgrading users some real and useful value
on  their chosen platform, and maybe even gain one or two new users at the
same time.
Their latest effort, Envinsa,  seems to be very US centric as many other
additions have been lately.
Us Swedes have been struck twice by language specific changes, and I am not
sure if Universal Translator has been brought up to speed in version 8.5.
My point is that if you aim to an international market, efforts should be
international and not confined to the American market.

Hälsning Mats.E
:Email/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            ICQ#9517386:
:Mail/ GISKRAFT, Mats Elfstroem, Vaepplingv 21, SE-227 38 LUND, SWEDEN:
:Phones: +46 46 145959, +46 70 595 3935                               :