-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wilton,
David (Capita Symonds)
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 5:59 AM
To: mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: [MI-L] Using labelfindbyID

I'm trying to use the function labelfindbyID to create a layer of points
which only contain points for the currently labelled object. The script
seems to be working (i.e. it selects only some of the points) however,
some of the points it selects are not labelled in either the mapper
window or the layout window. I'm a bit confused as it appears to be
working. I do have two layout windows but this doesn't seem to be the
cause of the issue as it still doesn't work when I close the layout
window

Many Thanks
David

'Sort Labels
'=======================================================================
===========================
dim b_morelabels as logical
Dim Expression as string

i = 1
ix  = 1

Fetch First from town_Gaz_Wales
Do while not EOT(town_Gaz_Wales)

        update window layout_ID

        b_morelabels = labelfindbyID(Map_ID, ix, i , "", false)

                If b_morelabels then
                        Expression = Expression & "rowid = " & i & " AND
"
                End if

                i = i + 1

        fetch next from town_Gaz_Wales

loop

select * from town_Gaz_Wales where Expression
into Current_Object noselect

Add Map layer Current_Object

end sub

******
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may be
subject to legal privilege, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error or think you may have done so, you
may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. Please
notify the sender immediately and delete the original e-mail from your
system.

Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail. Recipients should check this
e-mail for the presence of viruses. The Capita Group and its subsidiaries
accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
e-mail.