-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Flavio
Hendry
Sent: 23 October 2006 07:30
To: mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: RE: [MI-L] feature wish list - Vertical Mapper

Hi all

there is the often mentioned wish to integrate Vertical Mapper. I wonder
why, as this products is completely outdated and full of bugs, such as:
- does not work at all on large datasets
- vectorizing of contours and slope etc. does not work or is extremely
slow, results are poor (compared with i.e. Engage 3D, extremely fast and
creating smooth and "gorgeous" contours, as well on extremely large
datasets)
- import often does not work
- "3D" capabilities are useless
- and and and ...

I think there was no development on it since at least five years. This
thing is dead!

If integrate something useful, then Engage 3D pleas, which is a "full
fledge" 3D product. See http://www.encom.com.au/template2.asp?pageid=24.

Mit freundlichem Gruss / Best Regards
Flavio Hendry

TYDAC Web-Site:  http://www.tydac.ch
TYDAC MapServer: http://www.mapserver.ch
############      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind Regards
############             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
############         TYDAC AG - http://www.tydac.ch
####    ####        Geographic Information Solutions
####    ####         Luternauweg 12 -- CH-3006 Bern
############   Tel +41 (0)31 368 0180 - Fax +41 (0)31 368 1860

This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only.
NERC is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and
the contents of this email and any reply you make may be
disclosed by NERC unless it is exempt from release under
the Act. Any material supplied to NERC may be stored in an
electronic records management system.