Hi all,

Peak Geo-Design used to make a program called Quad Companion that
simply handled TIFF files and companion world files (TFW) - but they
appear to be out of business.  Our drafting group is looking for a
replacement program to create simple USGS quad topo figures (to output
tiled TIFF files) and I wondered if you had suggestions for a
replacement.

Currently we don't have MapInfo licenses to go 'round, and I think a
GIS dedicated to this would be overkill; anyone out there know of a
standalone app that reads adjacent TIF quads and tiles them into a
display for cropping?  Or are these going extinct due to the
availability of small-footprint GIS like MapInfo?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Jeff