Hi Ben,

If you are using the mapnik windows binaries (as per [1]), then these do not
support oracle.
It is our hope and intention to support more features in the windows binaries
(and make it
easier to build them yourself), but at this point this effort is stalled [2].

So, we do not have a mechanism (on Windows) at this time to make it easy to add
more
mapnik plugins beyond what come with the binaries [3].

So, at this time you would need to compile mapnik from source.
Because this is very demanding on windows, what is the chance you can run on
linux?

If you must run on windows perhaps you should look into using MapServer?
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#oracle-10g-11g

Dane

[1] http://trac.mapnik.org/wiki/WindowsInstallation
[2] http://mapnik.org/news/2011/aug/25/gsoc_2011_wrapup/